Sunday, June 1, 2008

Old Man River

Call me naive, but, whenever I read about "muddy, brown rivers" as a kid, I would picture something like the Yakima -- kinda murky in a greenish blue water sort of way. I guess it never made sense that rivers could be actually brown without essentially being natural sewers.

I stand corrected. Rivers in Minnesota most definitely come brown.







The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.


No comments:

Brains and Boxes

Nine years ago, I sat on a dark rooftop with an uncertain and frustrated team. Frustrated by the four walls that seemed to be hemming t...