Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ministry Week!!

This next week is going to be way different from normal school, and I'm about to jump out of my pants waiting for tomorrow morning.

We're going to be going to downtown Minneapolis to just hang out with people and bless the local churches in any way we can. They are giving us six hours out of every day to wander around in pairs, talk to whoever we can, build relationships, pray for people, and share Jesus -- kind of like what the highschoolers from Bethel did in Bridgetown but minus the sleeping bags -- and I'm really really excited about it. It's a little colder here than it was in Portland, but I'm sure God has all sorts of things planned for us regardless of the weather.

My team is going to be staying (and spending the first part of our day serving at) a church called The Evangelist Crusaders just a few miles from where we go on Friday nights to hang out with the kids. It's a little farther out into the suburbs than any of the other teams but not ridiculously far out.

I had to laugh when the pastor was talking to us last Thursday, because, in his four minute blurb he used the phrase "loving people because people matter" (One of the Bridgetown mottos) as well as "come and see" (which is Sacred Road's motto). Both of those ministries are are ones that I really love working with, and I figure that, if God can orchestrate that level of detail, He totally has this week worked out.

Prayer requests:
*Boldness
*Unity among the team
*Unity of purpose with the church we are going to serve
*Energy
*Passion
*Divine appointments

Blessings!

Jessica MacFarlan <><

No comments:

Brains and Boxes

Nine years ago, I sat on a dark rooftop with an uncertain and frustrated team. Frustrated by the four walls that seemed to be hemming t...